A very Spicy Rajma Masala used as a food accompaniment made with Rajma, tomato, onion and spices.
Recipe Ingredients of Spicy Rajma Masala:
- Rajma – 1/2 kg
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 2 number (chopped)
- Tomato – 2 number (chopped)
- Bay leaves – 2 number
- Ginger – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Garlic – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 bunch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash Rajma thoroughly and soak overnight with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not drain the water of soaked rajma, place them in a pressure cooker, add more water if required and then add salt.
- Place the cooker on flame close the cooker, after one whistle switch off.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and allow spluttering.
- Add bay leaves, asafoetida and chopped ginger-garlic, fry for a minute. Now, add onion and fry till they are golden brown then add all the spice powders except garam masala.
- Add tomato, fry till the oil separates and add salt according to taste.
- Mix in cooked red kidney beans, mix well and cook on medium flame for about 10 minutes. Add garam masala, and cover the lid, and cook for 2-3 minutes at a very low flame.
Spicy Rajma Masala is Ready to serve, Enjoy your Meal