I tried for the first time the authentic Falafel Recipe, a type of chickpea croquette or beans very typical of Arabic cuisine.
While it is true that I am not a fan of chickpeas, I have to confess that when I eat Falafel it is something that I love. If I’m honest, I did not expect them to come out with the same taste as the ones prepared by the Arabs, although to my amazement, those that I show you today were practically perfect.
For that reason, I’ll detail what we need and how we prepare them so that they turn out as great as I show you in the bottom photo.
Ingredients of Falafel Recipe
- 200 g of chickpeas
- ¼ onion (to be able to be purple)
- 1 little parsley
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup of water
- Bread crumbs
- 1 spoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- The previous night we put the chickpeas in soaking. The next morning we squeezed them out.
- We grind them uncooked with the onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro and ½ cup of water. You will see that the texture achieved will be thick.
- Then add the cumin, black pepper, salt and yeast leaving it to rest for about 20 minutes.
- We will form small hamburgers to which we will add few bread crumbs so that they are more compact.
- We will fry them in abundant hot oil. When we remove them, we should put them on a plate with paper towels so that they absorb all the oil possible.