Ingredients of Chana Masala for Bhature:
- Chana 3/4 cup
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 Tsp
- Coriander powder 2 Tsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped for garnishing
- Oil 2 Tsp
- Mustard seed 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a few
- Big onion chopped 2
- Salt to taste
- Soak Chana in water for 2- 3 hour. (just plan it before the day you wish to prepare so that you can soak it overnight).
- Pressure cook chana with salt until 2 – 3 whistles. Keep it aside.
- Blend onion and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.When it gets heated season mustard.
- When Mustard splutters add curry leaves and then add blended onion and saute for a while until onion starts leaving from the side of the pan.
- Add turmeric powder, Chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala a saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked Chana to it and boil until it reaches the thick consistency.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Its very tasty side dish recipe for Bhature.You can also use it as a side dish for chapati, poori and rice as well. It’s a quite easy one.