Bengali Vegetable Pulao is one of my favorite pulav. It is a Bengali Style Rice preparation with Fancy rice, often containing nuts, saffron pulp, vegetables and spices. Today I am sharing with you how to make Vegetable Pulao with Bengali Style.
Ingredients of Bengali Vegetable Pulao:
- Basmathi rice (raw) – 1 kg
- Green chilies – 4-5 numbers
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Carrot – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Beans – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Potatoes – 3 numbers (peeled and chopped)
- Onion – 1 number (chopped)
- Black cardamom – 3-4 numbers
- Almond – 4-5 numbers (chopped)
- Cashew nut – 6-7 numbers
- Saffron pulp – 1 pinch (for coloring)
- Cinnamon – 3-4 pieces
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Capers – 4-5 (marati mogu)
- Cloves – 4-5
- Pulav leaves
- Curd – 3 tbsp
- Before start cooking soak rice for 10mins.
- In a pressure-cook heat oil add cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste cinnamon, capers, cloves, pulav leaves and black cardamom and stir for 2mins.
- Mix in chopped onion, potatoes, and now mix in the entire vegetables stir for 4-5mins.
- Add garam masala, red chili powder, curd, rice and salt to taste. Now, close it with a lid and cook till rice is tender soft or 1 whistle.
- Once rice is boiled add fry roast almond and nuts and saffron pulps. Now it’s ready to serve.