Aloo Phulkopir dalna is a Bengali recipe, cooked with cauliflower, tomato and spices. Today I am sharing with you the methods which I followed in preparing the Aloo Phulkopir dalna.
Ingredients of Aloo Phulkopir dalna
- Potato – 500 gram
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Cauliflower – 1/2 kg
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Tomato – 3-4 numbers
- Onion – 2 number (chopped)
- Curry leaves – 2 numbers
- Mustard seeds oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash potato and cut into quarters, cut the cauliflower into medium sized florets and cut tomatoes into quarters.
- Heat oil for deep fry and fry potatoes lightly and drain. Then fry the florets of cauliflower till they turn little brown and keep it aside.
- Take out the oil. In the same pan heat ghee and mix in curry leaves and garam masala and stir for 30 seconds. Mix in chopped onion and fry till they turn a golden color.
- Mix in all masala powders and stir for a minute take care that the masala does not stick to the bottom if necessary add 2tbsp water. Now, mix in fry potatoes, cauliflower and chopped tomatoes and stir well.
- Add a cup of water, and cover the lid with a very low flame and stir from time to time.
- Take off from heat when vegetables are cooked and moisture evaporate.