Sweet Pongal specially cooked on occasion of Sankranthi/Pongal. Otherwise usually cooked for Breakfast.
Ingredients of Sweet Pongal:
- Green gram – 100 grams
- Rice – 250 grams
- Jaggery – 250 grams
- Elaichi – 4 Numbers
- Grated dry coconut – 1 cup
- Cashew and dry grapes for taste.
- Ghee – 50 grams
- Fry green gram. Add rice. Mix it well.
- Add water – 500 ml.
- Place the contents in a pressure cooker until it is cooked.
- Heat the jaggery in a separate vessel till it becomes liquid.
- Pour the jaggery liquid into the cooked rice.
- Fry cashew and grapes in a separate vessel with ghee. Mix it with rice.
- Garnish the contents with elaichi powder and dry coconut powder.
Sweet Pongal Recipe | South Indian Special