Today I am sharing with you the methods which I followed in preparing the Thai Rice With Mushroom & Egg.
Ingredients of Thai Rice With Mushroom & Egg:
1. 3/8 lb thai jasmine rice → Buy Online
2. 1/2 tablespoon sunflower oil
3. 1 beaten eggs
4. 1/8 oz porcini or cap mushrooms → Buy Online
5. 2 spring onions
6. 1/2 garlic clove
7. 4 oz flat mushrooms
8. 1 1/2 tablespoon dry sherry
9. 1 1/2 tablespoon Japanese soy sauce → Buy Online
10. 1/2 tablespoon sugar
11. 3 3/4 cm piece of cucumber
Preparation: beat the eggs. Slice the spring onions. Soak the porcini or cap mushrooms in warm water for 30 mins. Crush the garlic cloves. Slice the flat mushrooms. Cut the cucumber into matchsticks.
Notes: There is a lot of sauce with this recipe – don’t worry! If you can’t find dried porcini or cap mushrooms then use 1/2 pound of shiitake mushrooms (to serve 4) for all the mushrooms in the dish.
1, Rinse the rice under running water and drain. Place in a heavy-based pan with 600ml (to serve 4) of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the surface water has been absorbed and there are craters over the top of the rice. Turn off the heat, cover the pan tightly and leave to stand.
2. Heat a teaspoon of the oil in a wok or frying pan and add the beaten eggs. Cook on one side to make a thin omelet. Slide on to a plate, roll up, cut into strips and set aside.
3. Drain the dried mushrooms, reserving the liquid, and chop roughly. Heat the remaining oil in the wok, add the spring onions, garlic and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 3 minutes, then add the sherry, soy sauce, sugar and six tablespoons of the mushroom liquor. Bring to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Transfer rice to a shallow serving dish, and spoon over the mushrooms and their sauce and garnish with the omelet, cucumber matchsticks and spring onion curls.
NB: the eggs can be omitted from this dish, with no problem.