Today I bring you a typical Mallorcan Fried Chicken recipe, although somewhat renewed. For you to understand it a bit, the “Frit Mallorquí” is a traditional dish of Mallorcan island traditionally made from meat, roast, liver and cooked blood of pork, lamb, kid, etc. Although the main ingredients, which never fail in this Fried Chicken recipe, are the potatoes, the tender onion, the red pepper and the peas.
Fried Chicken recipe can also be prepared with fish and seafood (monkfish, prawns, etc.), although many times, so that it is not so heavy, apart from the main ingredients mentioned above, I add chicken breast, which makes it a very healthy dish and complete , that does not have any type of complexity.
For this reason, I encourage you to prepare it at home and tell me what happened to you.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken recipe:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 bunches of spring onions
- 100 grams very tender peas
- 1 red pepper
- Ground black pepper
- Cut the breast into small cubes.
- Proceed to cut the pepper into small pieces and peel; We cut the potatoes also small and the spring onion tender.
- Boil the peas and reserve them in a colander.
- In a frying pan, with a good squirt of oil, fry half the potatoes together with half the peppers.
- Once made, we incorporate it into a clay pot.
- We proceed to fry the rest of potatoes and peppers and also incorporate the clay pot.
- Subsequently, we introduce half of the tender spring onion into the pan, along with half of chicken breast cubes. After a few minutes, we also add half of the peas.
- We add everything to the casserole. When the meat is cooked.
- Proceed in the same way with the other half that we lack and also incorporate the casserole, which we put on the fire and remove everything together about 2-3 minutes.
- We remove and let it rest several hours before eating it.
ENJOY YOUR MEAL!