Banana And Mandarin Gratin – Although there are a few steps to this recipe it is certainly delicious. The bananas and the mandarin oranges make for an almost dessert-like dish.
Ingredients to make Banana And Mandarin Gratin
- 4 bananas
- 4 mandarins
- 13 ounces (400g) of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 glass of champagne
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 cups (50cl) of water
- slivered almonds
Directions to make Banana And Mandarin Gratin
- Step 1: Pour the water into a pot with 1 cup (250g) of the sugar and the vanilla. Cook until a syrup solution is reached.
- Step 2: Peel the bananas and the mandarins. Slice the bananas and separate it to the mandarins into quarters. Cook the banana slices in the syrup for five minutes, then add the mandarins and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Drain the fruits and reserve for later.
- Step 3: Separate the eggs and egg yolks in a double boiler and pour in the remanding sugar. Whip in order to obtain a creamy zabaglione.
- Step 4: Incorporate the champagne while still beating vigorously.
- Step 5: Spread the slivered almonds on a baking sheet and grill in the oven turning over from time to time.
- Step 6: Decorate your serving dish with the cooked and drained fruits and nap with the zabaglione. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds and return to the oven to brown for a few minutes. Ok done, now serve warm and enjoy this dessert with a glass of champagne.