Vazhaipoo Vadai or Banana Flowers vada is very popular in India, I would like to share with you the Vazhaipoo Vadai recipe which I prepared.
Ingredients of Vazhaipoo Vadai
- Banana flower: 1 cup (finely chopped flower)
- Bengal Gram Dhal (Channa Dhal): 0.5 Cup or 100 Grams
- Onion – 1
- Green Chilies: 2
- Salt: ½ spoon
- Aniseed: ¼ spoon
Curry leaves and Coriander leaves: 1 sprig
- Oil: 200 ml
- Turmeric Powder: ½ spoon
Preparation Method of Vazhaipoo Vadai
- Soak Bengal gram Dhal in sufficient water for 1 1/2 hours and grind in a blender with salt and aniseed to a coarse batter consistency.
- Remove the outer layer of Banana flowers individually first.
- Then remove the membrane and the stamen which are not edible from each flower.
- Chop them and keep them in water with turmeric powder till they are added to the batter.
- Chop Green chili, onion, and curry, coriander leaves.
- Mix the Dhal batter with the chopped flower, Green chili, onion, Curry, Coriander leaves and make small lime sized balls.
- Before mixing with the batter, Squeeze and remove the water completely from the chopped flowers.
- Flatten them and shape them like “vadais.” Heat oil in a skillet and drop the vadais gently into the hot oil 3 or 4 numbers at a time and deep fry.
- Cook well on both sides until the balls become golden brown color.
- Drain excess oil and serve hot.
do you like Broccoli vada with German style? Read this >>Broccoli Buns | Broccoli Recipe | Broccoli Boller