Ingredients of Uddina Vada
- Urdal – 1 cup
- Green chilies – 2 numbers (finely chopped)
- Black Pepper – 1 tbsp (crushed)
- Ginger – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- coconut – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry
- Baking soda – 1/4 tbsp
- Wash and soak dal about 3-4 hours.
- Make a smooth batter by grinding. Use very less water.
- Now, mix in green chilies, pepper, salt, ginger and coconut to the batter.
- Take a small portion of batter and make it flat and press in the middle.
- Deep-fry in oil till golden brown.
Serve with coconut chutney or sambar.